Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome to my Blog



I'm getting married next September and so far the planning process has pretty much been a pain in the ass. I spend all my free time searching for venues and thinking about my future. I worry about where we're going to live and what I'm going to say about my bridesmaids in speeches. We never had a song so now we have to pick one that speaks for a 6 year relationship without being cheesy or overused. I worry about how my parents will get along with his parents when they meet for the first time. I can't find a place where we should have dinner. Trying to record all of the to-do's that pop into my head throughout the course of the day . . . well, that just drives me more batty. So forget it.

By the way, I do all this while he watches his favorite TV shows and poo-poos most of my ideas. And yeah, he wants to be involved, but so far two heads aren't better than one. I'm frustrated, but I continue. Why? Because he's a great guy and I'm happy we're getting married.

Since it's been difficult for me, I figure it's difficult for a lot of people. I created this blog to keep track of what I'm doing and maybe save some of you some time. I hope it helps us both. Feel free to get in touch if you have questions.

Something you should know:

I'm not hiring a wedding planner except for "day-of" stuff because I don't want my opinion swayed by someone claiming to know better than me. A few of my friends have told me, "You HAVE TO to hire a planner," but I know enough brides who planned on their own to know that I can handle it. "Day-of" means someone will handle all the logistics and mini-emergencies that come up on my wedding day. Oh, and by the way, I've heard the things that go wrong end up making the best stories so don't sweat it trying to make everything perfect. I'm going to try that, too.

No comments: